Join Us Saturday, November 11, 2023
Service Saturday! brings groups of volunteers together to complete seasonal yard and home chores for older adult households. Volunteers help with tasks around an older adult home such as raking leaves, planting, gardens maintenance, pulling weeds, washing windows, moving yard furniture into place for the season, seasonal cleaning & organizing, gutter cleaning and more...all while enjoying meeting and spending time with an older adult neighbor.
Service Saturday! is an intergenerational event and volunteers include families, students and neighbors of all ages.
Gather Your Team Of Volunteers OR Sign Up As An Individual And Be Matched With Other Volunteers
9:00AM Volunteer Check-In - Denver South High School, 1700 E. Louisiana Ave. Denver, 80210
- Join us for the official Kick-Off of Service Saturday: Volunteer check-in, supplemental tool check-out, and project updates or changes
Coffee, treats and positive team spirit provided
9:30AM - 1:00PM Spend About 2-3 Hours Working At Your Designated Home
- Team Leaders and Solo Volunteers will select project homes in advance off the map provided by email a couple of weeks before the event.
- Spend some time talking with the older adult household members while you are visiting their home and maybe break some of the isolation they might be experiencing.
11:30AM - 2:00PM Volunteer Check-Out & Celebration at the Junction Food and Drink, 2000 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, 80222
- Event Check-Out and Tool Return
- Since your team will have worked up an appetite, join us at our signature Service Saturday! Celebration for food, drinks and social time with other volunteers.Your first drink will be on us!
Visit the FAQs section for helpful suggestions on getting your group together and commonly asked questions.
South High School
Denver, CO 80210