What’s in it for you?
- A job description designed specifically for you
- An awesome resume project(s) that works for you as well as us
- Regular supervision and check-ins with an internship coordinator who will help you plan your time effectively
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- References upon successful completion of your internship
We want to find great quality interns.
- This means we don’t have a set number we look for at any time
- We have specific intern roles and job descriptions and are also happy to support personally organized internships set up directly with us.
- And you still get a strong internship on your resume!
- We are completely flexible in terms of hours/location, whatever works best for you.
- Remote and in-person work is available.
- We are looking for interns available to work a minimum of 7 hours per week.
- Previous interns have worked anywhere between 10 and 24 hours per week.
- Interns may work with us for a couple of months, a semester, or even a whole year!
What will the structure of your internship look like?
- Interns may work together and separately to complete projects pertaining to aspects of the same goal.
- This will be time-dependent – aimed at those who want to intern more than 12 hours a week.
- Interns will be assigned a personal project that fits into their interests and skillsets.
- This project will be completed by the end of the internship and provides excellent resume material.
- Ad hoc jobs alongside staff, liaising with members and volunteers.
Each semester, we also look for a volunteer coordinator and a member coordinator intern; these will be specific roles which will rotate through some (not all) intern positions
- Basic intern qualification requirements
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite and G-Suite
- Passion for what we do
- Access to your own computer
- Application to become a volunteer with us (once accepted)
Some projects we have in mind
- A series of short films interviewing our older adults about their lives in their twenties
- Establishing relationships with Colorado media and providing some initial stories for them to publish and events for them to promote for us
- Event planning (various events!)
- Outreach in growth areas (currently Grand Junction) to set up new catchment areas (online).
- There are always social media and website updates that need doing and we can tailor those into most internships if appropriate.
- We welcome your ideas, so if you have something you think that would work for us and you, speak up!
What have other interns done?
- Nutrition major (minor in Gerontology) – made a recipe book geared specifically for older adults and using store cupboard items
- Human Development major with interest in website build and social media – updated our website and advised on future updates/development to be suitable for older adults
Next steps (application details)
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover letter sharing: Why you are interested in A Little Help particularly Why we should interview you! What you have in mind for your internship with us (hours, project focus, etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you. And we're proud to have hired two of our recent interns full time!